ISCS Youth Orchestra
The ISCS Youth Orchestra provides the area’s best strings students an opportunity to play a more challenging repertoire than is possible with an orchestra from a single school. The experience of regular rehearsals and concert performances challenges their developing musical skills and enhances their school music programs. Not only do they rehearse in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall, they also perform a final concert each semester in that world-class venue. This season, we’ll be taking the ensemble to outlying communities to perform for their peers in schools that do not have such a program.
Young strings musicians who take part in the program consistently rate it as a positive, educational, and fulfilling experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What does my tuition cover?
• Tuition is $70 Semester, due at the first rehearsal. Tuition covers the cost of conductions, clinicians, sectional staff, music and facilities.
Q: When does Youth Orchestra meet?
• Every Tuesday afternoon from 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Q: What age do you have to be to participate?
• Any age, so long as you are able to play the audition materials.
Q: When does Youth Orchestra start?
• Tuesday, September 10, 2013.
Q: Do you have to be in public school?
• No! We have public, private, and homeschool students in the orchestra.
Q: Do you have to play in your school band or orchestra, too?
• Usually, yes, without specific permission of Director Brien
For more information contact:
Colin J. Brien
Youth Orchestra Director